On 05/08/2012 01:19 PM, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 20:15 -0700, Charles Hixson wrote:
class Node:
      def    __init__(self, nodeId, key, value, downRight, downLeft, parent):
          dirty    =    True
          dlu    =    utcnow()
          self.node    =    [nodeId, downLeft, [key], [value],
[downRight], parent, dirty, dlu]
Note that node[3] is a list of keys (initially 1) and node[3] is a list
of values, etc.
What I'd like to do is to be able to address them thusly:
k = node.key[2]
v = node.value[2]
but if there's a way to do this, I haven't been able to figure it out.
Any suggestions?
Do not do this;  this is bad code in any language.

I'm sorry, but why do you say that? In D or Eiffel it is a standard approach, with compiler support. I will admit that one shouldn't do it in C++, or, it appears, in Python. This is far from justifying saying one should never do it.

--
Charles Hixson