Pierre Asselin wrote:
Hi.  Started using python a few months back, still settling on my style.
I write docstrings and I use "pydoc mymodule" to refresh my memory.

Problem:  if I just docstring my classes/methods/functions the
output of pydoc more or less works as a reference manual, but if
I get sidetracked for even a few weeks I find that documentation
inadequate when I return to my code.  I need to see some introductory
context first, so that the reference material makes sense.

Wery well, write a module docstring then.  The problem now: the
many paragraphs of detailed description at the top of the module
get in the way.

[snip]

How is that a problem ? Having a well detailed description of a module at the top is just fine. If only all modules featured such documentation, the world would be a better place.

Cheers,

JM