On 6/10/2012 7:39 PM, a...@vorsicht-bissig.de wrote:

Thank you for your help. I found the problem at some other place. The
registry tweaks didn't solve it. But I found the hint to look up my
.idlerc folder. So the problem was entirely IDLE related (yes, it
worked before). But it wasnt PyQt'S problem, but the mapping of some
keyboard command I made. I used the 'ΓΌ' key (german keyboard), which
kept me from using IDLE for 4 days now... Deleting the
%username%/.idlerc folder got the job done finally!

I believe there is a patch, either on the tracker or applied since 3.2.3, to catch .idlerc problems and report to the user rather than quit.

--
Terry Jan Reedy