On 6/16/2012 5:01 PM, Christian Heimes wrote:
Am 16.06.2012 22:44, schrieb Terry Reedy:
Rossum, Guido van, et al, *The Python Language Reference*, Python
Software Foundation; http://docs.python.org/py3k/reference/index.html

Actually it's "van Rossum, Guido", not "Rossum, Guido van". The "van" is
part of the family name, not a middle name. It's like "da Vinci,
Leonardo" or "von Sydow, Max". On one occasion Guido complained that
Americans always get his name wrong.

Thank you for the correction. I was going by an old book (1996) he co-wrote that just had 'Rossum' on the spine. I guess that must have been done without consulting him and must have annoyed him.

--
Terry Jan Reedy