On 07.07.2012 09:09, self.python wrote:
(I'm very new to this coroutine part
so It's not supposed to attack these modules,
just I don't know the differences)

atfer version 2.5, python officially support coroutine with yield.
and then, why greenlet, gevent, Stackless python are still useful?

it there somthing that "yield" can't do
or just it is easier or powerful?

The greenlet site has some very simple examples what it can provide.
For example jumping from one function in another, and back

http://greenlet.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html

Gevent then uses greenlet to do lightweight "processes" (greenlets) that are I/O scheduled. This allows for a simple model of programming that scales to a large number of concurrent connections. You could do that with threads but you can't start as many threads as greenlets, since they have a much larger memory address space footprint.

There's one function, called the gevent hub, that waits for any I/O event and then switches to the function that "blocked" on that I/O.

--
damjan