On 16/07/2012 04:05, Chris Angelico wrote:
On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 12:58 PM, Steven D'Aprano
<steve+comp.lang.pyt...@pearwood.info> wrote:
And that, the reason given in the sentence above, is the reason that we,
collectively all programmers, should prefer to be explicit, not merely
conveying meaning by implication about everything we, collectively all
programmers, write, including typing, use of speech-recognition software,
or any future technological process by which text or program code or both
is transcribed from the idea of the human person to a permanent form
recorded where other people, or non-human sentient beings, can read or
otherwise gain access to it for the purpose of understanding the content
of the test or program code or both.

I'd rather be booled in oil.

ChrisA
*ducks for cover*

What a silly bunt[1] :)
*also ducks for cover*

[1] from a Monty Python sketch for those who don't know about a guy who pronounces c's as b's, hence Kings Bollege Bambridge

--
Cheers.

Mark Lawrence.