On 18/08/2012 19:30, wxjmfa...@gmail.com wrote:
Le samedi 18 août 2012 19:59:18 UTC+2, Steven D'Aprano a écrit :
On Sat, 18 Aug 2012 08:07:05 -0700, wxjmfauth wrote:

Le samedi 18 août 2012 14:27:23 UTC+2, Steven D'Aprano a écrit :

[...]

The problem with UCS-4 is that every character requires four bytes.

[...]

I'm aware of this (and all the blah blah blah you are explaining). This

always the same song. Memory.

Exactly. The reason it is always the same song is because it is an

important song.

No offense here. But this is an *american* answer.

The same story as the coding of text files, where "utf-8 == ascii"
and the rest of the world doesn't count.

jmf

Thinking about it I entirely agree with you. Steven D'Aprano strikes me as typically American, in the same way that I'm typically Brazilian :)

--
Cheers.

Mark Lawrence.