On 03/09/2012 15:12, Mark R Rivet wrote:
Hello all, I am learning to program in python. I have a need to make a
program that can store, retrieve, add, and delete client data such as
name, address, social, telephone number and similar information. This
would be a small client database for my wife who has a home accounting
business.

I have been reading about lists, tuples, and dictionary data
structures in python and I am confused as to which would be more
appropriate for a simple database.

I know that python has real database capabilities but I'm not there
yet and would like to proceed with as simple a structure as possible.

Can anyone give me some idea's or tell me which structure would be
best to use?

Maybe its a combination of structures? I need some help.

Thanks for your help.

If you stick with the simple data structures at some point you're going to have to save them to disk with a module like pickle or shelve. IMHO using sqlite is a better option as it comes with Python.

--
Cheers.

Mark Lawrence.