How about the standard multiprocessing module? It supports shared
memory, remote processes, and will most probably work under PyPy:
http://docs.python.org/library/multiprocessing.html

I always thought, that the multiprocessing module does NOT use shared
memory (at least not under windows)
It uses mmap() under windows. (I'm not an expert, but this is what I was said by others.) I did not know that multiprocessing can be used over TCP/IP. :) Probably I'll use zmq instead, because it has other nice features (auto reconnect, publisher/subscriber, multicast etc.)

I would be very interested in a cross platform shared mem solution for
python.
Could you please point me to the right section.

As far as I know, POSIX compatible shared memory does not exist on Windows. I remember a thread about this on the PostgreSQL mailing list - the Windows version of PostgreSQL somehow emulates shared memory too. I wanted to use shared memory because response times are much faster than TCP/IP.