On Monday, September 17, 2012 7:43:06 PM UTC-4, Martin De Kauwe wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 8:31:09 AM UTC+10, Wanderer wrote:
>
> > I need to divide a 512x512 image array with the first horizontal and
> > vertical division 49 pixels in. Then every 59 pixels in after that. hsplit
> > and vsplit want to start at the edges and create a bunch of same size
> > arrays. Is there a command to chop off different sized arrays?
>

> > Thanks
>

> I don't know that I follow completely, but can't you just slice what you are
> after?
>

> x = np.random.rand(512*512).reshape(512,512)
>
> xx = x[0,:49]
>
> And put the rest of the slices in a loop...?

I was trying to avoid the loop. I figured it out. hsplit and vsplit will work.
I just need to give it a list of break points. I still need a loop though.

breakPoints = range(49,512,59)
rowArrays = hsplit(InputArray, breakPoints)
OutArrays = []
for r in rowArrays:
    OutArrays.append(vsplit(r, breakPoints))