Op vrijdag 21 september 2012 22:10:04 UTC+2 schreef Dennis Lee Bieber het
volgende:
> On Fri, 21 Sep 2012 09:36:08 -0400, Jerry Hill

> > On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 9:31 AM, BobAalsma wrote:
>
> > > Thanks, Joel, yes, but as far as I'm aware these would all require the
> > > Python programme to have the user's username and password (or
> > > "credentials"), which I wanted to avoid.
>

> > No matter what you do, your web service is going to have to
>
> > authenticate with the remote web site.  The details of that
>
> > authentication are going to vary with each remote web site you want to
>
> > connect to.
>

>       Hmmm, convoluted but presuming the "login" third party site uses
>
> cookies... Would it be possible to use Javascript on the client "copy"
>
> the HTML from the third-party and then transmit it to the application
>
> rather than having the application trying to do a direct fetch given
>
> just the URL?
>

>       This should keep the authentication local to the client machine.
>

> --
>
>       Wulfraed                 Dennis Lee Bieber         AF6VN
>
>         wlfr...@....com    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/

Wulfraed, yes, as with David's proposal: this sounds good, but I wouldn't know
the first thing about Javascript...
I'm also concerned that both solutions would seem to imply distributing
software (or "software") to the clients systems.
Hmm.

Bob