Riccardo Galli wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:56:08 +0300, Konstantin Veretennicov wrote:
>>What about os.listdir(dir='relative/path', abs=True)? Should listdir call
>>abspath on results? Should we add another keyword rel? Would it complicate
>>listdir unnecessarily?
>
> keyword dir not exists (don't know if you added as example or not) and
> abs set to true would return abspath on result. What else could it do ?

He probably meant that a 'join' option would be more natural than an
'abs' option. After all, your examples use os.path.join to create a
valid path that can be used as the argument to other module os
functions. Whether the results are absolute or relative should depend on
the initial argument to os.listdir.

Daniel