Hello,

I want to process XML-like data like this:

<testname=ltpacpi.sh>
        <description>
                ACPI (Advanced Control Power & Integration) testscript for 2.5
kernels.

        <\description>
        <test_location>
                ltp/testcases/kernel/device-drivers/acpi/ltpacpi.sh
        <\test_location>
<\testname>

After manually editing the data above, the python module xml.etree.ElementTree parses it without failing due to error in the data structure.

Edits were substituting '/' for '\' on the end tags, and adding the following structure:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<data>
  <testname name=ltpacpi.sh>
  <\testname>
</data>

Is there a name for the format above (perhaps xhtml)?
I'd like to find a python module that can translate it to proper xml. Does one exist? etree?

Many thanks!
az