On 12/06/2012 02:41 PM, Jean Dubois wrote:
> On 6 dec, 15:50, w...@mac.com wrote:
>> <snip>
>> Sorry about the misunderstanding (and subsequent waste of bandwidth).
>> However, if you will look at the serial reads and writes in that handler,
>> you will see that it does things like "serial.read(n)" where "n" is an
>> explicit number, the number of bytes to be read from the serial buffer.
>>
>> -Bill
> I tried changing measurementcurr=usbkeith.readline() to
> measurementcurr=usbkeith.read(10000)
> but this leads to trouble with the usbtmc-thing:
>
> Measured current 1:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./keith2200rev2.py", line 26, in <module>
>     measurementvolt=usbkeith.read(10000)
> IOError: [Errno 110] Connection timed out
>
> and hereafter I need to restart the Keithley...:-(
I can't see why you used a count of 10000.  Isn't the whole problem
supposed to be because it doesn't produce a whole line at a time?  So
after requesting a measurement, if you know the size, use that in the
read() method.  And if you don't know the size, read it one byte at a
time till it make sense.

--

DaveA