On 12/20/2012 2:40 PM, wxjmfa...@gmail.com wrote:

What should a Python user think, if he sees his strings
are comsuming more memory just because he uses non ascii
characters

What should a Python user think, if he (or she) sees his (or her) strings sometimes or often consuming less memory than they did previously?

I think the person should be grateful that people volunteered to make the improvement, rather than ungratefully bitch about it.

> or he sees his strings are changing just because
he "uppercases" them.

Uppercasing strings is supposed to change strings.

Unicode is here to serve anybody.

This we agree on. Python3.3 unicode serves everybody better than 3.2 does.

--
Terry Jan Reedy