On 01/14/2013 04:01 PM, Dan Sommers wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 15:54:27 +0100, zoom wrote:

Is there any "rules" regarding importing python modules within your own
module? I mean, how does this affects the performance of the program?

"Even the initializers are optimized!" -- Mel, the real programmer

Great!

Unless you've profiled it, and the extra memory taken up by unused
functions or modules is measurable and near the top of the list of
performance issues, I wouldn't worry about it.

Now I have two instances of every function within scipy, e.g.
scipy.r_[a] = sound.scipy.r_[a]

No:  now you have two names for every function within scipy.  The
functions themselves are not duplicated.

Dan

Now I love Python even more...