On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 8:39 PM, Gilles <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Feb 2013 10:30:01 +0100, Gilles <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:
>>       I have a couple of newbie questions about using Python in a FastCGI
>>+ Flup context on a shared CentOS server:
>
> Please ignore the thread. I found the error, and a way to catch
> compile-time errors (log on through SSH, and run "python
> ./myscript.py").

That'll catch some forms of error, but not everything. You may also
want to consider looking for your server's error log - that may be
getting the actual traceback. I don't know what your server setup is,
but there's likely to be one somewhere.

A question though. You say "2.4.3" in your subject line, but your
shebang says python2.6 - which version are you actually running? At
very least, I'd recommend using python2.6 to run your script from the
shell; if there's any incompatibility between the system Python (which
quite plausibly would be the 2.4.3 you named) and the one your CGI
script uses (named python2.6 and my guess would be that it's 2.6.6),
you'll confuse yourself when you do your "shell test".

ChrisA