I see several on this list have their opinion and lean toward VB.
Not me, done that and vc++. Hate'em.  Been developing 30 years
and I like control over what I'm doing and Python and Tkinter are
the best tools I've ever used. And for the most part IDE's like
BOA Constructor are just confusing. IMHO.