On 3/6/2013 2:48 PM, rh wrote:

I've tried twice to register with the bug tracker -- including
just before sending this post. Both times I got something like
this:

     Subject: Failed issue tracker submission
     From: Python tracker <roundup-ad...@psf.upfronthosting.co.za>
     Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 00:56:44 +0000

     An unexpected error occurred during the processing
     of your message. The tracker administrator is being
     notified.

So, it's not all that easy to report bugs for me, anyway. I'd
given up, prior, but reading this thread I thought I'd try one
more time.

I had wanted to report doc bugs, too, as I used to do copy and
line editing. I seem to be able to find typos and such rather
easily, but reporting said bugs -- not so easy.

From http://docs.python.org/3/bugs.html

"Documentation bugs

If you find a bug in this documentation or would like to propose an improvement, please send an e-mail to d...@python.org describing the bug and where you found it. If you have a suggestion how to fix it, include that as well.

For anything more than trivial changes (typos, grammar errors), a tracker issue is better. But the above is better than nothing.

--
Terry Jan Reedy