On 06.04.2013 23:17, Larry Hudson wrote:
[...]
What you want and what you think are irrelevant.  The Python language
(whatever version) is already defined.  If you want to use it, you have
to accept it and adapt to what it is.  Live with it and move on.
Complaining about it is a complete waste of time -- it's NOT going to
change just because YOU don't like it.

Adding an option for fixed size tabs will not change the language
(and someone even suggested I patch my own copy, but this discussion is not about me, is about tabs).

I guess a discussion like this thread is the price to be paid for
relying solely on white space
to delimit code blocks, like the python syntax does.

And in actual practice, that has been shown to be a Good Thing.

Yes, I agree, it is. It just could have been better.

Timothy Madden