On 08/04/2013 23:51, Walter Hurry wrote:
On Tue, 09 Apr 2013 08:00:06 +1000, Chris Angelico wrote:

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 7:29 AM, Grant Edwards <invalid@invalid.invalid>
wrote:
On 2013-04-08, Walter Hurry <walterhu...@lavabit.com> wrote:
The fact of Python enforcing it (or all tabs; a poor second choice)
is *a good thing*, easy and natural IMHO. No need for "end if" or "end
loop" or "fi". One wonders whether OP is simply trolling.

If he was trolling, he certainly deserves a prize.

I don't think he was trolling. It was a classic-model rant: "I upgraded
my dependency to a newer version and all my stuff broke".
Commonly provokes anger, largely because many such upgrades do NOT break
stuff (eg if I were to switch from gcc 4.5 to gcc 4.7 right now,
I doubt anything would break, and my code would be able to use the new
iterator syntax in c++11 - pity 4.7 isn't packaged for Debian Squeeze).
The OP upgraded across an openly-non-backward-compatible boundary, and
got angry over one particular aspect of backward compat that wasn't
there.

But wouldn't it have been easier simply to do do a quick sed or whatever
rather than to spend hours here arguing?

Where's the fun in that? :)

--
If you're using GoogleCrap™ please read this http://wiki.python.org/moin/GoogleGroupsPython.

Mark Lawrence