On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 11:58 PM,  <thomasancill...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also I'm getting a invalid syntax next to my elif statements that i wasnt
> getting before. why is this happening now?

Ah! That's relating to the close parenthesis problem I mentioned.
That's the exact issue I saw.

When you get told about a problem, sometimes the location pointed out
isn't the actual cause. What you have is a (near) guarantee that the
problem is no later in the file than that point; often it'll be on
that line or the one previous line. In this case, the code is
"raw_input(........ elif", which can't be properly parsed - the open
parenthesis is forcing the code to be interpreted as an expression,
and elif isn't an expression.

If you're stuck figuring out a problem, one neat trick is to delete
the line of code that's blamed for the problem and try again. If the
problem disappears, it was on that line; if the problem moves down to
the next line, it's probably on the preceding line. This trick doesn't
always work, but it can occasionally be quite handy.

ChrisA