On 04/09/2013 09:57 AM, thomasancill...@gmail.com wrote:
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 9:32:18 AM UTC-4, thomasa...@gmail.com wrote:
I'm new to learning python and creating a basic program to convert units of
measurement which I will eventually expand upon but im trying to figure out how
to loop the entire program. When I insert a while loop it only loops the first
2 lines. Can someone provide a detailed beginner friendly explanation. Here is
my program. Also suddenly I'm getting an invalid syntax error next to my elif
statements when I wasn't a minute ago. What is wrong here?

#!/usr/bin/env python

restart = "true"

while restart == "true":

#Program starts here

     print "To start the Unit Converter please type the number next to the
conversion you would like to perform"

     choice = input("\n1:Inches to Meter\n2:Millileters to Pint\n3:Acres to
Square-Miles\n")

Quoting that many lines, and double-spacing every one of them is very impolite. Almost makes me want to skip the thread.

If you must use buggy googlegroups, then at least fix its most annoying bugs:

    read this http://wiki.python.org/moin/GoogleGroupsPython.

(rest deleted, as the point has been made)

--
DaveA