Hi,

I've one machine with python3.2 (on Ubuntu 12.04), in the folder /usr/lib/python3.2 it is a subfolder dist-packages, maybe created at the install or created when I've installed the binding pyexiv2, I don't know.

Now, I've installed a new machine, again with Ubuntu 12.04 and therefore python3.2.
This new install hasn't any *-packages subfolder in /usr/lib/python3.2

Today I install PyQt5, the make and make install are executed without error but when I try:

>>> from PyQt5 import QtGui
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named PyQt5

I go to check in /usr/lib/python3.2 and I see the install of PyQt5 has created a subfolder site-packages. Is this naming dist-packages/site-packages critical for Python? (My intuition is yes!)

So, I've tried with:
>>> sys.path.append('/usr/lib/python3.2/site_packages')
and, also, created a file __init__.py in /site-packages but that's not solved the problem.

Thanks for your advices.
--
Vincent V.V.
Oqapy <https://launchpad.net/oqapy> . Qarte <https://launchpad.net/qarte> . PaQager <https://launchpad.net/paqager>