On 2013-05-10 16:44, Serhiy Storchaka wrote:
10.05.13 15:19, Robert Kern написав(ла):
I'd be curious to see in-the-wild instances of the anti-pattern that you
are talking about, then.

Many (if not most) GUI frameworks use this pattern.

     button = Button("text")
     button.setForegroundColor(...)
     button.setBackgoundColor(...)
     button.setFont(...)
     button.setRelief(...)
     button.setBorder(...)
     button.setWidth(...)
     button.setAction(...)
     button.setMouseListener(...)
     button.place(...)

Another example is running a subprocess in Unix-like systems.

     fork()
     open/close file descriptors, set limits, etc
     exec*()

According to Steven's criteria, neither of these are instances of the anti-pattern because there are good reasons they are this way. He is reducing the anti-pattern to just those cases where there is no reason for doing so. That is why I asked for in-the-wild instances. I should have qualified my sentence to include "according to your criteria" because people seem to be answering my query out of that context.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco