On 05/15/2013 08:53 PM, Andrew Bradley wrote:

  <SNIP>

  So now, how can I utilize this new grid list? Thank you for the
help so far, I feel like the entire grid is now being worked out.
-Andrew

That's a Pygame question, and I told you at the beginning, I can't really
help with that.  I'd like to learn, but not this week.

Others - can you show some minimal code to use these grid parameters to
color selected squares of the pygame window?

Yes, I would very much like some help or general advice now about utilizing
this grid thing. How can I refer to these square's new numerical values to
do things with them? Will I be using things like "grid[0][1]" in specific
functions and methods to refer to squares now?

Yes, exactly. Any place in your code (the part I cannot help with) that you need to specify a rect, you can specify something like grid[3][18]. Eventually, as Ian pointed out, you'll want to store more information about each cell. But at that time, you could have a more complex object (that YOU define) instead of just a rect. I just don't think you're ready for defining such an object.

That is what I would like to
do, somehow.

--
DaveA