On 23/05/2013 19:19, Andrew Edwards-Adams wrote:
On Thursday, May 23, 2013 7:11:28 PM UTC+1, Andrew Berg wrote:
On 2013.05.23 11:58, Andrew Edwards-Adams wrote:

Hi thanks for the reply Andrew, my first bit of code was heading in the right
direction I was managing to pull out the usernames from the JSON, using REGEX.

It's also worth mentioning that regexes are almost always the wrong tool,
especially for standardized formats like JSON. They can be very

useful when nothing saner will get the job done, but are a nasty mess with no
real benefit otherwise.

--

CPython 3.3.2 | Windows NT 6.2.9200 / FreeBSD 9.1

Thanks Andrew, yes I believe this is what the guy who provided me with the code
was thinking. I was about to embark on what was definitely going to be an
inefficient long regex.

Funny old world, there doesn't appear to be working code but someone is already thinking about definite inefficiency. What evidence do you have to support this claim?

--
If you're using GoogleCrap™ please read this http://wiki.python.org/moin/GoogleGroupsPython.

Mark Lawrence