Grant Edwards:

The last time we made the choice (4-5 years ago), Windows support for
get, bzr, and hg was definitely lacking compared to svn.  The lack of
something like tortoisesvn for hg/git/bzr was a killer.  It looks like
the situation has improved since then, but I'd be curious to hear from
people who do their development on Windows.

GUIs for Hg/Git are now much more usable. On Windows, OS X, and Linux my GUI/command line use split is about 80/20.

For Hg, TortoiseHg is quite good on Windows and Linux and so is SourceTree on OS X. I don't use Git as much but SourceTree works well on OS X.

   SourceTree is in beta on Windows and doesn't yet support Hg there.

http://tortoisehg.bitbucket.org/
http://www.sourcetreeapp.com/

   Neil