On 14/6/2013 4:48 μμ, Zero Piraeus wrote:
:

On 14 June 2013 09:07, Nick the Gr33k <supp...@superhost.gr> wrote:

Thanks for explaining this but i cannot follow its logic at all.
My mind is stuck trying to interpret it as an English sentence:

if ('Parker' and 'May' and '2001')

if ('Parker' or 'May' or '2001')

i just don't get it and i feel silly about it.

You've been advised many times to experiment in the Python
interpreter. I may be mistaken, but I don't recall seeing any evidence
at all that you've ever done so.

Try the following in a Python interpreter:

"vic" and "bob"
"bob" and "vic"
"vic" or "bob"
"bob" or "vic"
"vic" and ""
"" and "bob"
"bob" or ""
"" or "vic"

Carefully study the results you get. This is simple, basic stuff;
don't come back here asking for explanations of it. If you get stuck,
*carefully* read this article:

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short-circuit_evaluation

Repeat the steps above until you do understand. If all else fails,
google "short circuit logic" or "short circuit evaluation python" or
similar search terms, until you find a resource which you do follow.

  -[]z.

(a or b or c)

is like saying True or True or True.
the first of these 3 variables that hasn;t as value an emptry string, which means they contain a truthy value, that variable's value will be returned

For 'and' operator, i do not understand it at all.

--
What is now proved was at first only imagined!