Hi, I have a strange problem here. Perhaps someone would care to help me.

In the file test.py I have the following code:

from scipy import matrix, tile, mean, shape
import unittest

class TestSequenceFunctions(unittest.TestCase):

    def setUp(self):
        self.m = [[1,2],[3,4],[3,4],[3,4]]

    def test_simplify(self):
        m = matrix(self.m)
        print shape(m)
        print [shape(m)[1],1]
        print shape(tile(mean(m,1),[shape(m)[1],1]).T)

if __name__ == '__main__':
    unittest.main()

(Note that test.py, is just a simplification of my testing file, sufficient to reproduce the weird behavior that I'm about to describe.)

If i run it in terminal via "python test.py" command I get the following output:

(4, 2)
[2, 1]
(1, 8)
.
Ran 1 test in 0.000s

OK

Now comes the funny part.
Let's try to run the following code in python interpreter:

>>> m = [[1,2],[3,4],[3,4],[3,4]]
>>>
>>> from scipy import matrix, tile, mean, shape
>>> print shape(m)
(4, 2)
>>> print [shape(m)[1],1]
[2, 1]
>>> print shape(tile(mean(m,1),[shape(m)[1],1]).T)
(4, 2)

Note the difference between outputs of:
print shape(tile(mean(m,1),[shape(m)[1],1]).T)

I mean, WTF?
This is definitely not the expected behavior.
Anybody knows what just happened here?