On 24/06/2013 13:50, Roy Smith wrote:
In article <8b0d8931-cf02-4df4-8f17-a47ddd279...@googlegroups.com>,
  jonathan.slend...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi all,

Any suggestions for a good name, for a framework that does automatic server
deployments?

It's like Fabric, but more powerful.
It has some similarities with Puppet, Chef and Saltstack, but is written in
Python.

Key points are that it uses Python, but is still very declarative and
supports introspection. It supports parallel deployments, and interactivity.
And it has a nice commandline shell with autocompletion for traversing the
deployment tree.

The repository:
https://github.com/jonathanslenders/python-deployer/tree/refactoring-a-lot-v2

Suggestions welcome :)
Jonathan

Without forming any opinion on the software itself, the best advice I
can offer is that naming puns are very popular.  If you're thinking of
this as a fabric replacement, I would go with cloth, textile, material,
gabardine, etc.

Snakeskin? Oh, I see that's already taken. :-(