On 25/06/2013 07:23, akshay.k...@gmail.com wrote:

Im required to import ha certain dll called 'NHunspell.dll' which is used for
Spell Checking purposes. I am using Python for the software. Although I checked
out several websites to properly use ctypes, I have been unable to load the dll
properly.

When I use this code.

   from ctypes import *
   hunspell = cdll.LoadLibrary['Hunspellx64.dll']

I get an error

   hunspell = cdll.LoadLibrary['Hunspellx64.dll']
   TypeError: 'instancemethod' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

I guess it might a problem with the structure of the dll. But I have no idea
how to import the dll properly.

>>> from ctypes import *
>>> help(cdll.LoadLibrary)
Help on method LoadLibrary in module ctypes:

LoadLibrary(self, name) method of ctypes.LibraryLoader instance.

So looks as if you need:-

hunspell = cdll.LoadLibrary('Hunspellx64.dll')

--
"Steve is going for the pink ball - and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green." Snooker commentator 'Whispering' Ted Lowe.

Mark Lawrence