Welcome to Python!

Am 11.07.2013 11:09, schrieb fronag...@gmail.com:
I'm looking to write a program in Python, (and have in fact written
most of it by now,) and am trying to put together a GUI for it. Kivy
looks very nice, particularly with the fact that it's supposed to be
compatible with most platforms (including Android, which I would like
to be able to use my program on in addition to running it on my
desktop) with minimal hassle. However, its current iteration is
Python 2.7 only, and I've only learned Python 3.3.

Last I looked, which was half a year ago, there was some Python 3 porting of Kivy underway, as you found yourself. If I were you, I would get on IRC (I think it was #kivy on irc.freenode.net) and try to contact the people there about the state of the Python 3 port. Just have some patience, there aren't hundreds of people (yet), so getting an answer could take some time.

C:\MinGW\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe:
cannot fin d -lmsvcr100 collect2: ld returned 1 exit status error:
command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1

'msvcr100' is the C runtime of MS Visual C++, I'm not sure if it is required for building Python modules on MS Windows. Just removing it from the commandline (or makefile) should tell you already. Alternatively, ask The Internet(R), http://bugs.python.org/issue15315 could be an answer. ;)

Good luck!

Uli