On 07/24/2013 11:01 PM, alex23 wrote:
On 25/07/2013 4:31 AM, Ethan Furman wrote:
   2) Hopefully learn something about when a view is useful.

I haven't seeen this mentioned - forgive me if it's a repeat - but views are
constant references to whichever set they
represent.

Python 2.7:

dd = dict(a=1,b=2,c=3)
keys = dd.keys()
'a' in keys
True
dd['d'] = 4
'd' in keys
False

Python 3.3:
dd = dict(a=1,b=2,c=3)
keys = dd.keys()
'a' in keys
True
dd['d'] = 4
'd' in keys
True

If part of my code is only interested in what keys or values are present, it
doesn't need to be given a reference to the
full dictionary, just to whichever view it cares about.

In these cases why is a view better than just using the dict?  Is it a safety
so the you don't accidentally modify the dict?

--
~Ethan~