On 07/27/2013 11:59 AM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 08:22:00 -0400, Devyn Collier Johnson wrote:

On 07/27/2013 07:30 AM, Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick wrote:
On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 12:58 PM, Devyn Collier Johnson
<devyncjohn...@gmail.com> wrote:
Linux systems with the proper software can use the "notify-send"
command. Is there a cross-platform Python3 equivalent?
[snip answer "no"]

That really sucks. I was hoping Python had some way of doing that. All
that it needs to do is display a little box at one of the corners of the
screen. I thought someone would have implemented something by now. Thank
you anyway.
If it's that simple, how about you do it? Won't take you more than, oh,
ten minutes, right?

*wink*

Don't underestimate the difficulty of "trivial" code when it has to work
on two dozens different platforms with different capabilities:

Windows XP, 2000, Vista, 7, 8 ...
Mac OS-X
FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Linux, running KDE (3 or 4?), Gnome (2 or 3?), Trinity,
RatPoison, XFCE, something else... or no window manager at all

Yeah, good point Steven. It seems like it would be easy, but I know it is not.

DCJ