On 07/29/2013 04:20 PM, Tim Chase wrote:
On 2013-07-29 16:09, Dave Angel wrote:
On 07/29/2013 03:48 PM, Devyn Collier Johnson wrote:
The PEP8 recommends importing like this:

import os
import re

not like this:

import os, re
I got a bit further, and if I'm only using a couple of functions
from the import, I'll list them in the comment.
If I just plan to use a small subset, I tend to reach for the

   from sys import stdout, stderr, exit

sort of syntax.  I find it makes my code read a bit more cleanly than
having to type "sys.stderr.write(...)" everywhere but is still pretty
readable.

-tkc

So, there are no advantages or disadvantages when disregarding readability?

DCJ