I'm starting a small project coding in Python as I learn the ropes. As the
project grows bigger, there are more and more overlapping and even redundant
methods. For example, several classes have a checkAndClean_obj_state() method.
If just one or two such classes, it is easy to analyze the behaviour of them
and design the optimal interaction for all objects. However, when there are
many of such classes, exactly at what point to invoke check and clean behaviour
becomes a little blurred. There is a desperate need for generalizing and
documenting the behaviour of each such class, preferably in a flowchart. I'm
currently doing the flowchart manually but the job becomes a bit overwhelming.

I wonder what Python pros are using for analyzing and documenting
classes/functions behaviours and interactions? Is UML the only way? Personally
I found UML is a bit overkill for a one person project, but I'm not sure if it
is the right direction. I'd appreciate any insight. Many thanks.