On 10/09/2013 01:00 AM, Oscar Benjamin wrote:

 > On Tue, 08 Oct 2013 12:13:48 +0200, Marco Buttu wrote:
 >
 > > Another question is: where is the place in which this transformation
 > > occurs? Is it at the parser level, before the dictionary attribute is
 > > gave as argument to the metaclass?

I thought it was at the parser level and applied to assignments at class
level and attribute assignments anywhere within a class body.

I'm pretty sure there's no way to control the behaviour from Python code
if that's what the metaclass question is getting at.

Oscar

Thanks for the clear and exhaustive answers (from you and Steven).
I was looking for a way to change the default behavior of this transformation (just for playing a bit with metaclasses, nothing serious), with snippets of code like the one of Steven (by rewriting __new__), but now is clear there is no way to do this with metaclasses. Thanks again

--
Marco Buttu