Στις 27/10/2013 4:24 πμ, ο/η Piet van Oostrum έγραψε:
Piet van Oostrum <p...@vanoostrum.org> writes:

Νίκος Αλεξόπουλος <nikos.gr...@gmail.com> writes:

There is no set of cookie returned back when visitor comes from a referer.

Isn't this strange?
No matter if you visit a webpage as a direct hit or via a referer the
cookie on the visitor's browser should have been present.

But it can only can be found and retrieved as a direct hit and _not_
from a referrer backlink.

What is happening is that the page comes from the browser cache when
you do a back link (back button in your browser). So the request
doesn't go to your server. I checked this by switching off my internet
connection and then trying both the back button and entering the URL
in the address bar. So it has nothing to do with referrer, I think.

Upon reading another time your message, I now see that you probably mean
clicking on the link about WEB HOSTING in the pages mentioned.

Yes, this is exactly what i mean.
I tried
that and in both cases an entry comes in your data base. The only
difference is that the column Αναφέρων contains "Direct link' instead of
the referrer website.

This happened because i switched the code once again and removed the cookie setting/retrieving.

If i put it back then every time a visitor comes from a referrer backlink an exact duplicate row with the same host appears into my database except from the 'ref' column which is different.
So I think the Python code is working and your problem lies somewhere
else, outside the Python world.

--
What is now proved was at first only imagined! & WebHost
<http://superhost.gr>