On 26/11/13 11:59, Larry Martell wrote:
On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 5:41 AM, Alister <alister.w...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 18:25:55 -0500, Larry Martell wrote:

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 6:19 PM, Chris Angelico <ros...@gmail.com>
wrote:

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 9:45 AM, Larry Martell
<larry.mart...@gmail.com>
wrote:
On Monday, November 25, 2013 5:30:44 PM UTC-5, Chris Angelico wrote:

First off, please clarify: Are there five corresponding </Node> tags
later on? If not, it's not XML, and nesting will have to be defined
some other way.
Yes, there are corresponding </Node> tags. I just didn't show them.
Good good, I just saw the "unbounded" in your subject line and got
worried :) I'm pretty sure there's a way to parse that will preserve
the current nesting information, but others can describe that better
than I can.

The term 'unbounded' is used in the XML xsd file like this:

<xs:sequence maxOccurs="unbounded">

Secondly, please get off Google Groups. Your initial post is
malformed, and unless you specifically fight the software, your
replies will be even more malformed, to the point of being quite
annoying. There are many other ways to read a newsgroup, or you can
subscribe to the mailing list python-list@python.org, which carries
the same content.
Not sure what you mean by malformed. I don't really care for Google
Groups,
but I've been using it to post to this any other groups for years
(since
rn
and deja news went away) and no one ever said my posts were
malformed. In any case, I did not know the group was available as a
ML. I've subbed to that and will post that way.
The mailing list works well for me too. Google Groups is deceptively
easy for a lot of people, but if you look through the list's archives,
you'll see that the posts it makes are unwrapped (and thus string out
to the right an arbitrary length), and all quoted text is
double-spaced, among other problems. Its users are generally unaware of
this, and like you are not maliciously inflicting that on us all, but
that doesn't make it any less painful to read :) Thanks for switching.

I had noticed the double spacing and I always fixed that when I replied.
dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:ros...@gmail.com";
class="gmail_extra"><div class="gmail_quote">
0.8ex;border-left-width:1px;border-left-color:rgb(204,204,204);border-
left-style:solid;padding-left:1ex"><div
class="im">On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 9:45 AM, Larry Martell &lt;<a
href="mailto:larry.mart...@gmail.com";>larry.mart...@gmail.com</a>&gt;
wrote:<br>

&gt; On Monday, November 25, 2013 5:30:44 PM UTC-5, Chris Angelico
wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
corresponding &lt;/Node&gt; tags<br>
&gt;&gt; later on? If not, it&#39;s not XML, and nesting will have to be
defined<br>
&gt;&gt; some other way.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Yes, there are corresponding &lt;/Node&gt; tags. I just didn&#39;t
show them.<br>
line and got<br>
worried :) I&#39;m pretty sure there&#39;s a way to parse that will
preserve<br>
the current nesting information, but others can describe that better<br>
&#39;unbounded&#39; is used in the XML xsd file like
class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px
0.8ex;border-left-width:1px;border-left-color:rgb(204,204,204);border-
left-style:solid;padding-left:1ex">
&gt;&gt; Secondly, please get off Google Groups. Your initial post
is<br>
&gt;&gt; malformed, and unless you specifically fight the software,
your<br>
&gt;&gt; replies will be even more malformed, to the point of being
quite<br>
&gt;&gt; annoying. There are many other ways to read a newsgroup, or you
can<br>
&gt;&gt; subscribe to the mailing list <a
href="mailto:python-list@python.org";>python-list@python.org</a>, which
carries<br>
&gt;&gt; the same content.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Not sure what you mean by malformed. I don&#39;t really care for
Google Groups,<br>
&gt; but I&#39;ve been using it to post to this any other groups for
years (since rn<br>
&gt; and deja news went away) and no one ever said my posts were
malformed. In<br>
&gt; any case, I did not know the group was available as a ML. I&#39;ve
subbed to<br>
&gt; that and will post that way.<br>
deceptively<br>
easy for a lot of people, but if you look through the list&#39;s
archives,<br>
you&#39;ll see that the posts it makes are unwrapped (and thus string
out<br>
to the right an arbitrary length), and all quoted text is<br>
double-spaced, among other problems. Its users are generally unaware<br>
of this, and like you are not maliciously inflicting that on us all,<br>
but that doesn&#39;t make it any less painful to read :) Thanks for<br>
switching.<br><span class=""><font
noticed the double spacing and I always fixed that when I replied.

if you could now change your male client

What about my female client?

to send in plane text
How about plain text?

only we
would not get this duplicated HTML copy of the post which is just as
annoying as the double spacing form GG (probably more so).
Sorry, didn't realize it was sending in HMTL. I had it set to plain
text, but when the awful gmail update came out it seems to have
reverted to HTML. Hopefully this is better.
sorry, Typing too quickly without paying attention.