On 02/12/2013 21:25, Ethan Furman wrote:
On 12/02/2013 12:45 PM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
On 02/12/2013 20:26, Terry Reedy wrote:
On 12/2/2013 10:45 AM, Mark Lawrence wrote:

the worst loser in the world

Mark, I consider your continual direct personal attacks on other posters
to be a violation of the PSF Code of Conduct, which *does* apply to
python-list. Please stop.

The attacks that "Joseph McCarthy" has been launching on the core
developers for the last 15 months are in my view now
perfectly acceptable.  This is excellent news.  Everybody can now say
what they like about the core developers and
there's no comeback.

You can also stuff the code of conduct, it's quite clearly only
brought into play when it suits.  Never, ever aim it at
somebody who goes out of their way to stir things up, always target it
at the people who fight back *IS THE RULE HERE*.

Mark,  I sympathize with your feelings.  jmf is certainly a troll, and
it doesn't feel like anything has been, or is being, done about that
situation (or for that matter, the help vampire situation... although I
haven't seen any threads from that one lately -- did he give up, or has
he been moderated away?).  However, I would suggest that when you are
venting, you write the email and then just delete it.  I personally
don't mind the light and humorous posts, but when the name-calling
starts it makes the list an unfriendly place to be.  And, to be clear,
the coddling of trolls and help-vampires also makes the list an
unfriendly place to be.

Terry, would it be appropriate to share some of what the moderators do
do for us on this list and the others?  And what does the Code of
Conduct have to say about trolls and help-vampires?

--
~Ethan~

I deleted the first really spiteful reply, but the hypocrisy that continues to be shown gets right up both of my nostrils, hence I couldn't resist the above, greatly toned down response. This will surely give an indication of how strongly I feel on issues such as this. Rules are rules to be applied evenly, not on a pick and choose basis.

--
My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence