On 12/3/13 4:43 PM, Ian Kelly wrote:
On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Cameron Simpson <c...@zip.com.au> wrote:
On 03Dec2013 12:18, Helmut Jarausch <jarau...@igpm.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
I'd like to extracted elements from a heapq in a for loop.
I feel my solution below is much too complicated.
How to do it more elegantly?

I can't believe nobody has mentioned PriorityQueue.

As far as I'm aware, the only advantage of PriorityQueue over heapq is
that the former is thread-safe, which does not appear to be relevant
here.  I haven't tested it for speed, but I imagine it would be a fair
bit slower, mostly thanks to the locking it needs to do.

In fact, if you look at the implementation of PriorityQueue, it uses a heapq internally, so yes, other than the locking, the speed will be the same.

--Ned.