On 06/12/2013 16:52, John Ladasky wrote:
On Friday, December 6, 2013 12:47:54 AM UTC-8, Robert Voigtländer wrote:

I try to squeeze out some performance of the code pasted on the link below.
http://pastebin.com/gMnqprST

Several comments:

1) I find this program to be very difficult to read, largely because there's a
whole LOT of duplicated code.  Look at lines 53-80, and lines 108-287, and
lines 294-311.  It makes it harder to see what this algorithm actually does.
Is there a way to refactor some of this code to use some shared function calls?

A handy tool for detecting duplicated code here http://clonedigger.sourceforge.net/ for anyone who's interested.

--
My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence