On 10/12/2013 14:14, Chris Angelico wrote:
On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 1:06 AM, Mark Lawrence <breamore...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
On 10/12/2013 13:47, Chris Angelico wrote:

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 12:35 AM,  <harish.barve...@gmail.com> wrote:

Is this issue fixed. I am also facing the same issue of tunneling in
https request. Please suggest how to proceed further

You're responding to something from 2009. It's highly likely things
have changed.

Says who?  Sadly IMHO this has been one of the worst aspects of Python
development.  I've seen 10 year old bugs happily sitting on the bug tracker.
Thankfully that is slowly changing.  The core mentorship program is helping,
plus the gradual reduction in the number of versions that need supporting as
2.6 is now out of support and we move towards 3.4.  However there are still
4275 open issues on the bug tracker. Anyone up to help out, the pay and
perks are really good? :)

There've been two minor versions since the version cited in the post
(2.5), not counting Python 3 at all. It's definitely worth rechecking
on 2.7 or 3.3, to see if the same still occurs. (Or, of course, to
read the tracker issue, which in this case was known and needn't be
searched for, a fact that I missed noticing when I went reading.) Yes,
four years' worth of bug fixes does make it at least somewhat likely
that something's changed.

ChrisA

How many minor versions since this was created on 2002-01-16 at 04:56 http://bugs.python.org/issue504219 ? The issue originally referenced is closed, this is still open. Age on the bug tracker is no guarantee of anything, except that the issue exists.

--
My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence