On 21/12/2013 08:09, Gregory Ewing wrote:
Mark Lawrence wrote:
On 20/12/2013 14:19, Roy Smith wrote:

http://xkcd.com/1306/

I believe that to be a very superficial like.  They're unlike in that
once C++ people have compiled their code they can head down to the
pub, but Python people have to stay at work testing because the
compiler hasn't caught all potential errors.

But it takes so much longer for the C++ people to
write their program in the first place, that the
Python people often get to the pub first anyway.
And even if they don't get to the pub at all, they
enjoy what they're doing so much that they don't
care.

Having thought about this for all of 2ns I've come to the startling conclusion that I entirely agree with you. I'm very biased though, suffering extremely badly from both C++phobia and Javaphobia.

--
My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence