On 22/12/2013 19:17, Roy Smith wrote:
In article <mailman.4500.1387739297.18130.python-l...@python.org>,
  Frank Cui <y...@outlook.com> wrote:

hey guys,
I have a requirement where I need to sequentially execute a bunch of
executions, each execution has a return code. the followed executions should
only be executed if the return code is 0. is there a cleaner or more pythonic
way to do this other than the following ?
if a() == 0:    if b() == 0:        c()
Thanks for your input.
frank

Yup!  Just do:

a() or b() or c()

The "or" operation has what's known as "short-circuit" semantics.  That
means, if the first operand is true, it doesn't evaluate the second
operand.  Just make sure that a(), b(), and c() all return something
which is true if they succeed and false otherwise.

Really? :)

--
My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence