On 23/12/2013 15:12, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
On Mon, 23 Dec 2013 13:33:08 +1100, Steven D'Aprano
<steve+comp.lang.pyt...@pearwood.info> declaimed the following:

Roy Smith wrote:

         else:
             assert 0, "can't create picker (classes = %s)" % classes

¡Ay, caramba! I was with you until the very last line. The above code is
possibly buggy and inappropriately designed. (I may be completely
misinterpreting this, in which case feel free to ignore the following
rant.)

        I'd think the biggest problem with this is that if one runs Python with
optimization turned on, the assert statement itself vanishes, leaving one
with an empty else clause...

        Try debugging that problem!

I'll pass on that one :)

--
My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence