I've been working with a simple serial device that attaches to a USB port. It takes as commands short strings.

I wanted to use PySerial under Python 3, and, of course had the Devil's own time getting it installed and working since everything is geared towards Python 2.

Anyway, I finally got it installed, but when I try to use a statement of the sort ser.write("string") I get an exception which seems to imply that the argument needs to be an integer, rather than a string.

With some minor adjustments it works just fine under Python 2, so, in a sense, this is a non-issue. However, I'd be interested to hear from anyone who can comment on what the problem is.

Thanks,

Travis