Hi,

AFAIK, we do not have "postfix conditionals" in Python, i.e. a condition appended to a
statement, which determines whether the statement runs or not:

  py> for i in [False]:
  ...     break if not i

The above piece of code is equivalent to this in Python:

  py> for i in [False]:
  ...    if not i
  ...        break

I believe that the first example is superior to the second example when the two is compared for readability and intuitiveness. We already have a ternary statement that looks similar,

  py> print('hi') if True else None

so I reckon there would be no breakage in old code if this kind of syntax was added. Ruby has
this, and AFAIK Perl also does.

I lack the knowledge of whether the community has opinions on this kind of notation, so I am posting this here instead of the ideas list. What are your thoughts on this?

        gk