On 06/01/2014 19:41, Mark Janssen wrote:
http://blog.startifact.com/posts/python-2-gravity.html

"A Way Forward - How to go forward then? I think it makes sense to work as
hard as possible to lift those Python 2 codebases out of the gravity well."

I think this is complete nonsense.  There's only been five years since the
first release of Python 3.  Surely much more time should be made available
for people using Python 2 to plan for a migration?

What makes no sense is that you've started a whole 'nother thread on
an issue whose gravity is right here, already on the list.  Add your
new commentary and links to existing threads would be easier, yes?

I've just had a really good chuckle reading that coming from you. Got the new dealer yet?

--
My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence